10GreedyMen.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
10GreedyMen.com

Official Forum for the Ten Greedy Men trading group

You are not connected. Please login or register

STOCK: WFM

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1STOCK: WFM Empty STOCK: WFM Fri May 08, 2015 3:46 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Playing with Virtual optionsxpress account and have no experience with options at all. I was curious if I were to buy my TGMBFS picks as calls to the target price. For example, for the first pick, I have WFM to buy tomorrow at open (about $43). Target prices are as follows (just example): 1 month = $47, 2 month = $49, 6 month = $51. To get as close to this as possible, should I buy an option that expires in Nov with a strike price of $50? Then I would sell it early if it hits any of the target prices in their respective timeframes, right?

2STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 am

kannan19

Yes, you are right. You can sell it to close or you exercise and own the stock if you are deep in the money. Its up to you.

3STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

I went for it with the virtual account. Just playing until I get the hang of it.

4STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Mon May 11, 2015 7:29 am

StLBill

OK...little slow on the uptake...
Why would I want to exercise the option rather than sell the option? What would be my thinking to chose?

5STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Mon May 11, 2015 8:19 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

I think you would sell the option if you didn't have enough cash on hand to exercize it. But what I'm not sure is what is better if you do have the cash on hand, exercising in vs. selling it? Is there an advantage to actually exercising it?

6STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Sat May 16, 2015 10:00 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Just some TGMBFS technicals.  Note that pick wasn't specifically made based on these technicals, but still interesting discussion pieces.

STOCK: WFM WJM3vojKh9

STOCK: WFM Wl9Qlkjk4R

7STOCK: WFM Empty Re: STOCK: WFM Sat May 16, 2015 4:38 pm

StLBill

Yep...I was looking at WFM chart and the Bollinger's. I think it looks very well positioned to perform. I'm betting my money on it.

The more I look at the picks the TGSBFS picks, the more I am impressed with it. Don't know how many you are personally investing in, but I am going to take some positions. I did with WFM and with NBL....though I rather wish I hadn't with NBL...still I think it is a longer term good thing.

I also took positions is stocks that I identified and wonder whether they appear on the BFS anywhere....
THS, LC, TDC, and FTR.

I also bought some time ago...DEPO which dropped precipitously (as I said earlier)...I have bought in to ave. down and am hopeful that the long term positive chart brings it around....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]