10GreedyMen.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
10GreedyMen.com

Official Forum for the Ten Greedy Men trading group

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGMBFS Discussion Thread

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Virginiabob wrote:Open to open results (we use open to open instead of close to close since our initial entries are at open, not close) from open 29-MAY to open 1-JUN:

TGMBFS: -0.18%
S&P 500 Index: -0.57%  (2120.66 to 2108.64)
Delta: +0.39%
Total Delta since TGMBFS held at least 5 stocks: +1.56%

Hopefully, we have a better week and get above +2.5% delta.  It would be nice to see this climb 3%, 4%, 5%, etc. over the coming summer months.

delta returns between TGMBFS and the S&P 500 Index at open today = 2.62%. Next stop, 3%.

77TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:30 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

MRO is on the potentials list, after that, the next most likely is HCP.

78TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Dang! Looks like today is the opposite of yesterday. Giving back most of the delta over the S&P index from yesterday. Will know more at open tomorrow.

79TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

System did really really awful yesterday. -1.64 percent versus the S&P 500 index. We are now below at like +0.98% over the S&P 500 index. Need a quick recovery today and tomorrow to be back in business.

80TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Looks like gaining some back today. Open to open kind of makes it hard to see since most of today's red was already captured in the premarket.

81TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

still no change to orders.  Next update will be during the weekend. Keep an eye on NTAP and KORS tomorrow. If either has a good day, the limit orders may execute.

82TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Pretty crappy day for the system - again!  We may be talking about taking a 2nd position in the future - still a while though. Hopefully we get a nice turnaround the rest of the week.  Doesn't look like any new picks for tomorrow (maybe HCP though) and I don't think any new targets either.  Will check later on.

83TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:20 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

System kicking butt today! Really needed this after the last few sessions.

New potentials: HCP once again showing up on the scanner. Also LUV.

84TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:54 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

NOV (National Oilwell Inc) showing up as a possible pick on the scans. Next most likely is CTL (Centurylink Inc).

85TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

no changes for tomorrow morning to targets or picks

86TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Good day yesterday, but still looking forward to a day where we can close some trades.

87TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:52 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Pretty good day today so far. Need something to just spike up hard to get a sell order going.

88TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

I have no idea why, but HOG turned into a rocketship for some reason. Has a while to go to reach sell trigger though.

89TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am

StLBill

Very good couple days for stocks.....so I sold the majority of my holdings.....4 stocks total....net -$159 including commissions....not I have some tradin' money. I also sold my uwti for $276 profit and my uslv for $100 profit....so net for day was still up over $200 and now I have $25k to invest.

I have my eye on some stocks that are performing well...trending as they say....I may make a small stake in a couple of these with tight stops to see if I can make money quick. I used Scottrades stock screener to ID stocks whose 15 SMA crossed above the 50 SMA. Then I look at stock chart to see a recent consistent rise..... we'll see. I will post this elsewhere on the site.

90TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Today's TGMBFS winners and rank in the S&P 500 index, which of course contains 500 stocks:

FCX: #1 gainer of the day in the S&P 500 index +3.45% Woo-hoo we're number 1.
HESS: #9 gainer of the day - +2.02%
APA: #12 gainer +1.91%

On the minus side, none in the bottom 15 anyways.

91TGMBFS Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: TGMBFS Discussion Thread Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Had a false positive on the scan, ticker CF shows up, but the scanner did not put in the split, so it was inaccurate.

Also FCX at #1 in the S&P 500 for gainers for the day (at 10:56AM).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum