10GreedyMen.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
10GreedyMen.com

Official Forum for the Ten Greedy Men trading group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Potential Daytraders

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Potential Daytraders Empty Potential Daytraders Wed May 13, 2015 2:05 pm

StLBill

I began talking about daytrading candidates long time ago...and was reminded when commenting on Vb's new small cap project......since this is really not pertinent there, I started a new post.

I think...knowing nothing about day trading....that the perfect candidate for such a stock is.....
1. reasonably priced for a fairly large stake per transaction fees
2. has a upward trend, but trades in a relatively consistent channel
3. has large price swings on a percentage basis

I submit the following as an example of such.....comments?

RARE
http://www.barchart.com/interactive_charts/stocks/rare

2Potential Daytraders Empty Re: Potential Daytraders Wed May 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Virginiabob

Virginiabob

Looks like a good candidate - also, I am not a big daytrader either. Have taken a quick stab here and there, but not much. Playing gaps and gap fades also sounds interesting as well.

3Potential Daytraders Empty Re: Potential Daytraders Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm

StLBill

When I say day trading, I really don't mean it per se.....what I mean is what I conceive as its purpose....the play large movements in a stock (up or down) in very short period of time....If you look at RARE, it moves as much as 10-15 dollars in a few days. Of course it can work both ways, for or against you.... But what impressed me with this stock is the regularity of its movements (recent history)...if you look at a chart with Bollinger Bands overlaid, you see it reaches above and falls back, below and then back up...often...with an overall bias up.

I am gonna buy 25 or 50 shares at its next pull back to say, 62-65 and see if it works up for me...I will plan one buy down if needs be. Thoughts?

4Potential Daytraders Empty Re: Potential Daytraders Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 pm

StLBill

OH, BTW....I don't think this is what I really want to do, because it takes too much attention.....I like the BFS for its simplicity and low maintenance approach to diverse investments....but with a limited horizon. Way better for 'having a life'.

5Potential Daytraders Empty Re: Potential Daytraders Tue May 26, 2015 8:26 am

StLBill

RARE up from $72 to $83 in last 14 days

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum